Sunday 31 July 2016

A Day at Malham by Oliver Wright (aged 7)




I liked seeing the fluttering bird with a long pointy tail
Bobbing up and down
With a bright yellow body that shines
In the reflection in the water.

And the black, wiggly tadpoles with writhing tails
Weaving in the cold, transparent, damp stream.

I liked seeing the peregrines that soared through the air
Diving to catch small creatures.

And the goosander sitting on a cream rock with a red spiky head
And a long, red, pointy beak.

I liked the lime stone pavement with little gaps in the rocks
And I fell down one too.
The bright green ferns gleam in the sunlight above.

I loved hearing the sparrows who chirped me to sleep.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your poem with us, Oliver. It reminded me how much I loved being seven.

    ReplyDelete