Tuesday 24 October 2017

Distressed clothing has me distressed by Yvonne Witter





Yes, I am going to raise my head above the parapet on this one. I have had it, I am done, well not quite done, or I would not be raising the matter, here would I?  Ripped jeans? Distressed clothing? Clothes looking like it has been passed down through four generations without so much as a good wash. That is what is now fashionable. I recall when we had the grunge look in the 1990s. That required effort to actually trawl through second hand shops, to find tat to blend with contemporary fashion in order to feign being stylish. Wasn’t my taste either, but you could respect the effort and creativity. Distressed clothing, in my opinion, is just an affront to those poor people in other parts of the world who would rather die, than be seen in torn clothing, as it denotes poverty for them and who wants to look poor, especially when you really are?



I wouldn’t mind, but people pay good money to look ‘distressed’, and I hear that according to the way the clothing is ripped LOL, one can tell if it is expensive designer or not, well how ludicrous is that? I am now chuckling as I write. I am good at entertaining myself. I think most children raised alone are.


The other lazy non- clothing attire is leggings. That’s an excuse for not getting dressed if ever there was one. I have just upset some of my closest friends, but I hope that they can find it in their hearts to forgive me. A fully made up face completed by a pair of black leggings [nearly always black, as if we will not notice] is not getting dressed for outdoors. I know that I am in an ever-decreasing minority on this one, as everyone of all ages and sizes enjoys the apparent comfort of leggings. Men in leggings has been the greatest disaster of all. It simply does not work, not on any level. I think there is another name for the male version of this attire, but I am not going to dignify it with taking it that seriously. Those readers who have seen it will know what I mean.




Now in order to maintain my friendships, you are all invited to the pub in your ripped jeans and leggings, and we can all huddle around a table with your legs out of view. Yes, I know, I will be paying for the first two rounds. 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment