Exploring the Attic (Haiku Verses) by Susie Field

 


Hidden out of sight

It’s just a tattered sketchpad

I turn the pages.

 

Faded over time

The words barely visible

Descriptions unclear.

 

Who are these people?

Perhaps family members

Or maybe just friends.

 

I stare, she stares back

From the last and final page.

Watching and waiting.

 

Her quiet beauty

Could never be disputed

Though troubled and sad.

 

“Who are you?” I ask

“What secrets can you tell me?”

Moments you’ve treasured.”

 

She cannot answer

Her stories remain untold

The memories trapped.

 

I touch her pale face

Dark eyes now dancing with life

Their magic shines through.

 

My hands are shaking

Yet she watches undeterred

It slips from my grasp.

 

I know I must leave

Yet she beckons me closer.

I feel her presence.

 

I cannot explain

It’s just a tattered sketchpad

Old and forgotten.


"Old Notebook" by Eric__I_E is licensed under CC BY 2.0.

Comments

  1. Great use of haiku, Susie. Thanks for posting this. xx Vivien

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment