Monday 3 September 2018

Sense Me by Annabel Howarth

Can you hear me?
I’m in that song I used to sing,
Randomly sung by another’s voice,
And in the tunes I used to play,
Over and over again,
Driving you crazy, then,
Making you cry, as you hear them
Now, on the radio.

Do you feel me?
I’m in the sun,
Kissing your cheeks,
Leaving my glow on your forehead,
And the wind,
Stroking your hand and your arm,
“It’s okay,” I say, as the sea rushes in,
I’m in every hug, still.

Yes, you see me!
I’m in every rainbow
That surprisingly fades in,
Brilliant and brighter,
On those significant days,
When you miss me the most,
Letting you know,
I’m still here with you.

And it really is me,
Hopping along your lawn,
Boldly towards you,
My red breast beaming,
Black eyes watching you too,
In those places we never went to,
But even there,
I am with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment