Monday 30 December 2019

Musings on a Wet Afternoon by Virginia Hainsworth

Transition
Transition excites me.  It means development or growth.  Enhancement.  Improvement.  I want to exist in a state of transition.  To set off on a journey and arrive back in the same place but to have developed en route.  That is a good journey.

Love
A word used too often.  ‘I love Asian food’.  ‘I love Oxford.’  We should only be allowed to utter the word a maximum of 100 times in our whole lifetime.  Then we would use it wisely.  I love that idea.  Oops!

Oddballs.
I like people who are oddballs. Unless they sit next to me on a bus.  Then I feel intimidated by them.

Intensity
I wish I had a magic wand and could conjure up intensity when I required it – focus, concentration, passion, expression – at the drop of a hat.  How wonderful that would be.

Place
Everyone should have a place of their own.  A small space where they can be themselves.  Be safe, be warm, be content. If only for a moment.  It troubles me to think that many people do not have such a place, not even inside their own mind.

Adventure
Adventure is the spice of life.  Even for those who are cautious. What would the world be without adventurers?  Scott of the Antarctic.  Ranulph Fiennes.  But you can go on an adventure inside your own head.  In fact, that is the greatest adventure of all.  You are capable of anything.  Can become anything.  

The biggest and most exciting adventure of all is the one from who you are now, to who you can become.

A Happy New Year to all readers and contributors.

5 comments:

  1. A succinct yet profound series of thoughts. Thanks for this, Virginia. Hope 2020 sees you just as pensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Owen. Happy New Writing Year to you. Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Owen. Happy New Writing Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of this Virginia I do believe that love, the word is overused. To summon intensity WOW! Yeah transition has been my greatest experience of the past decade. Talking about being turned upside down and inside out does not even begin to describe my journey of transformation.

    ReplyDelete